Watch for school fundraising packets will go home on Friday, February 23.
The Forest Glen Middle School Spring fundraiser will begin on Friday, February 23 and end on Monday, March 12. Forest Glen will be selling Yankee Candles and a wide variety of other products. These items include candles, wrapping paper, car charms, a beautiful bird feeder, photo frames, tote bags, lanterns, gourmet popcorn, Tervis tumblers and air fresheners, just to name a few. These wonderful products will make the perfect gift for anyone including birthday or teacher gifts. There will be amazing prize incentives for participating students! The top seller will receive a $25 gift card! There will be an ice cream sundae party where you will be able to build your own Sundae and hang out with your friends listening to music for everyone selling just (5) or more items. Please support Forest Glen Middle School by participating in the spring fundraiser. It’s so easy!! So start selling on Friday, February 23!
February 18-24, 2018 is National Engineers Week! As part of the week-long celebration, the Batten College of Engineering & Technology at Old Dominion University invites you and your female students to:
GIRLS NIGHT OUT
on “Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day”
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2018
47th & Hampton Blvd
Norfolk, Va. 23529
Girls Night Out includes a meet-and-greet with FEMALE ENGINEERING ROLE MODELS and a screening of the movie “DREAM BIG,” a heartfelt story of human ingenuity narrated by Jeff Bridges in partnership with the American Society of Civil Engineers. Girls also have a chance to win CASH PRIZES by participating in a pre-event ENGINEER SELFIE CONTEST via Instagram (see attached flyer for contest information – also see post below).
***OPEN TO MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL-AGED GIRLS THROUGHOUT THE HAMPTON ROADS REGION
Please feel free to share with parents, community organizations, Girl Scout groups, etc.
FOR MORE INFORMATION contact Andrea Luna: email@example.com
Batten College of Engineering and Technology
Old Dominion University
Middle School Early Dismissal January 31 – February 2
Dismissal Time for all Middle School Students is 11:25
The following are adjustments to the calendar to make-up the snow days:
All of Suffolk Public Schools are closed on Thursday, January 4, 2018.
Due to weather predictions SPS will be closing early today Wed, Jan. 3, 2018:
Middle School 12:30
High – 1:30
Elem. A – 2:30
Elem. B – 3:00
All after school activities at Forest Glen for January 3, 2018 have been cancelled.
All Lakeland athletic practices and games have been cancelled for today, Wednesday, January 3, 2018
The time to prepare is now! Help us keep you informed of regular news and changing events by following our social media channels. Sites are updated regularly, especially when events are rapidly changing. Stay tuned!
With winter storms predicted, please take these steps now to be prepared.
- Update your students about where to go when they get off the bus, should schools close early.
- Remember, when schools are opening under a 1- or 2-hour delay, bus pickups begin 1 or 2 hours later than normal. With incredibly cold temperatures, please prepare students by dressing them in layers with hats and gloves.
- Early dismissals, delays and school closings can affect before- and after-school care programs. Check with your provider now to learn about their winter weather plans. Note: No breakfast is served on days with delayed openings.
- Make sure we know how you’d prefer to receive updates. Go to www.spsk12.net/Parents/SchoolMessenger to confirm your phone numbers and emails are up to date.
- For more information, visit www.spsk12.net/parents/delays-closings/